When you freshly install WinServer, you may not be able to download anything from the internet. So, how do you download and install Chrome? This article will guide you step-by-step on how to install Google Chrome on WinServer.
1. Method 1: Installing Chrome on WinServer via RDP
RDP supports file transfer (up to 2GB) from the client to the server. Therefore, you can download the Chrome installer file to your PC and then copy it to the server.
- Step 1: Download the Google Chrome installer file to your PC.
- Step 2: Go to the location where the downloaded installer file is stored on your PC, select the file, and press Ctrl+C to copy it.
- Step 3: Access any folder on the server, and then press Ctrl+V. Once the file transfer is complete, you can proceed with the installation as usual.
2. Method 2: Installing Chrome via the server's Internet Explorer (IE)
2.1. Enable the download feature
By default, IE blocks downloads. Therefore, before proceeding, we need to enable the download feature as follows:
Step 1: Click the gear icon in the top-right corner and select Internet option
Step 2: When the "Internet Options" window appears, choose the Security ⇒ Custom levelThis will display the "Security Settings" dialog box. Select enable for the options as shown in the image.
2.2. Unblocking Website Content
In addition, IE also blocks website content, causing Chrome to display blank pages. To fix this, you need to add the Chrome website address to the Trusted Sites list to display the web content: Go to the Security tab in the Internet Options dialog blox, choose Trusted site ⇒ Sites ⇒ then add the Chrome website address ⇒ Click Add ⇒ OK (Usually, when you access a website, a pop-up will appear, prompting you to add it directly without following the above steps).
Above is the basic guide to install Chrome on WinServer. Once you have completed the steps mentioned, you can proceed with the installation as usual.