Being TotHost's cloud VPS services, but set-up process of VPS TOT K (KVM VT) has some differences from VPS TOT M (VPS using VMWare VT)This article will guide you how to buy and install VPS TOT K. Let's get it started.
1. How to register/buy TOT K VPS from TotHost
- Register an account at the TOTHOST service portal (CloudGate).
- Choose a VPS package according to your needs at: https://billing.tothost.vn/store/vps-ssd-k-plans
- Proceed with the payment as usual. Once the payment is successful, a confirmation order notification will be displayed as shown in the image, click “Continute To Client Area“
At this point, the VPS is still in a pending state. You need to access the setup interface to proceed.
2. Guide to setting up TOT K VPS
In the Server Overview interface, you have two options:
- Click the button OPEN CONTROL PANEL to be redirected to the control panel.
- Alternatively, you can choose RESET LOGIN CREDENTIALS to obtain the account and password for logging into the dedicated management page for TOT K VPS at: https://vf.tothost.vn/login
In the control panel, please enter the setup information for your VPS. Here are the details:
- Name: Your VPS name (associated with the account management)
- Hostname: VPS name associated with the system
- Timezone: Select your region
- Operating System: Choose the OS you want to deploy
- SSH key (optional): Add an SSH key if you want to enhance security
- Advanced (optional): Add options to enable VNC and modify DNS
Click Install and wait for the system to finish setting up.
Once the system setup is complete, your VPS will have the interface shown in the image below. To access the server, please check your email: TotHost has sent you complete information about the necessary system details to access your virtual private server.